Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Delicious BBQ Meatballs

I'm not a big meatloaf fan, but I enjoy meatballs.  They're similar, but you can jazz them up more.  Several years ago in a Taste of Home magazine, I found this recipe and have never strayed from it.  They are always a crowd pleaser at potlucks and church events.  Give them a try...you won't be disappointed!

Ingredients:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 c quick cooking oats
1 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1.5 #'s ground beef
1 (5-oz) can evaporated milk
1/2 c finely chopped onion
1 t chili powder
1/4 t pepper

Sauce:
1 c ketchup
1/4 c chopped onion
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 t garlic powder


In a bowl, combine the ingredients listed above.  I use my
hands and mix the ingredients until well blended.  Be sure
to mix well!!!

After mixing the ingredients, shape into 1" balls.  I like to use
a cookie dough scoop.  It keeps all the scoops even. 
Place the meatballs in a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.


Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 18-30 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink.  I often turn the meatballs in the pan
halfway through baking so they cook all the way through. 



About 5 minutes before the meatballs are done, combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
When the meatballs are done cooking and no longer pink, drain the grease (I actually put my meatballs in another dish so I can avoid any and all grease).  Pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake an additional 10-12 minutes longer.

Enjoy:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment