Monday, June 25, 2012

Blackberries

This is one of the many blackberry bushes in bloom.
My nephew was quick to remind me to only pick the purple
colored berries and not the red ones! 
This weekend, we went to visit my parents in northern Kentucky. I was excited to see that there were many blackberries ready to be picked and mom didn't mind sharing. With a small bucket in my hand I started down the lane. Plump, ripe blackberries were everywhere and I couldn't help but pick a few and eat a few as I went. They were delicious!


When I was done picking, I had almost a gallon Ziploc bag full.  You can see in the picture above that as soon as I was home, I washed and cleaned them and made my hubby take my picture!  He thought I was nuts, but I felt like I had hit the jackpot of fresh blackberries.  I thought about making a recipe or jam with them right away, but decided to freeze them for later instead.




Whenever you put items in the freezer, a rule of thumb is to label the freezer bag with what it is and the month and year you're freezing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment