Friday, May 18, 2012

A Day Off - Or Is It?

It's always nice to have a day off of work in the middle of the week.  I usually anticipate the things that I want to get done or should have already had done and then make a list.  I'm a list maker.  I admit that I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) especially when it comes to organization or making sure appliances are turned off, but I am not as bad as I use to be.  I still get made fun of though.

My nephew Tyler and I show off our WWE wrestling faces.

It felt good to sleep in until 10 A.M. this morning.  I might have slept longer, but my farmer husband was in need of help in the field.  With no time for a shower, I threw on some work clothes and one of his hats and started out the door, when the phone rang again.  This time, it was my brother Mike, who only calls if he is upset or something is wrong and the odd thing was he was calling from my mom's cell phone, which told me off the bat that this was not a good sign.  When I asked Mike what was up, he told me that my sweet, yet dare devil of a nephew had broke is arm and was in surgery.  Of course me living in another state away from my family is just heart breaking in times like this. 

Tyler is 7 and just finished up his last day of school yesterday.  This poor little guy is going to have a cast on for probably most of the summer.  Since, I can't have children, my nieces and nephew are spoiled very well, so Aunt Lis will be planning something special for Tyler when she see's him...and that will be soon!

So, after helping in the field, talking to all my family about Tyler it was finally me and the chickens.  I've been working on a new home for some of my pullets and finally finished it this afternoon.  They love it and I am exhausted.  I guess this is what day's off are about - you know, a little relaxing and a lot of working!

For supper tonight we are having a very easy Chicken Casserole that my co-worker shared with me.
Here's the recipe:

  • 2 c chicken cut up
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1 can Chicken Noodle soup
  • 2 slices of bread, torn up
Topping
  • 1 roll of Ritz crackers, crushed
  • 1 stick margarine
Mix chicken, egg, soups and bread in a 2 quart greased casserole dish.  Melt margarine and mix with the crackers.  Add the cracker mixture to the top of the other mixture and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment