Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup

In 2012 last year, it was 83 degrees.  Today, our high may reach 30.  Mother Nature never fails to amaze me.  One year we may have a drought and the next year floods.  If you're a farmer, your lively hood depends on the weather.

On cold nights like tonight, I like to come home to a soup that has been in the cooking all day in the slow cooker.  Not only is it good, but it warms me up and makes the house smell good.

Growing up, I use to despise Vegetable Soup.  Those cooked carrots just grossed me out, but as an adult, I can pick and chose what I want in my soup.

Here's my Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup:




Ingredients:
12 oz bag of frozen sweet corn
12 oz bag of frozen green beans
12 oz bag of frozen peas
1 small can of tomato sauce
2-3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
Chuck roast meat, precooked and cut into pieces
2 T beef bouillon granules
Water

Directions:
In your slow cooker add the first six ingredients and stir.  Next add the two Tablespoons of beef bouillon granules and enough water to cover the vegetables.  If you want more of a tomato base, add a second can of the tomato sauce and less water (which is usually what I do).  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

You can also add other vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery, onions, etc.  The possibilities are endless.



Ingredients for Vegetable Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment