Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY Foaming Hand Soap

There is nothing more I enjoy than foaming hand soap in the bathroom and the kitchen.  The problem is that I go through really fast.  Since we live on a farm, we wash our hands many times a day.  Bath and Body Works foaming hand soaps are a favorite of mine, but I don't like to pay the prices.  Like many of you, I wait until they go on sale and then stock up.



One day while searching through Pinterest, I came across a way to make my own!  Here is a quick recipe that I'm sure you'll be able to follow!

Ingredients:
1 bottle of some sort of liquid hand soap
1 emptied and cleaned foaming hand soap bottle

Directions:
Take a marker and mark the dispenser 1" from the bottom of the bottle.  Next, pour in the liquid hand soap up to the 1"line.  Slowly (by this I mean trickle) fill the rest of the bottle with tap water leaving an inch of head space at the top.  Put the lid back on and gently tip the bottle upside down and side to side letting the soap mix with the water.  Prime your bottle and you're ready to go.

***Note - for my kitchen refill, I add 3 drops of Dawn dish soap.

 
As you can see, I used liquid hand soap from Kroger that was a 10 for $10.
 
 


Mark your dispenser 1" from the bottom of the bottle.
 
 
 
Pour the liquid hand soap into the bottle until you get to the 1" line.
 
 

 
Slowly, and by this I mean trickle, water into the container leaving 1" head space.
 
 


Put the lid back.
 
 
 




Gently tip the bottle upside down and side to side letting the soap mix with the water. 
 
 


And there you go!  Foaming hand soap!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment