Friday, March 8, 2013

Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam via the Jam and Jelly Maker

Folks, I am totally enjoying my new FreshTech Jam and Jelly Maker.  I purchased it off of Amazon.com and could not be more pleased!

These Jam and Jelly Makers retail for $99, but you can find them on sale for $89 and I feel as if you will think it is worth the price (not to mention the time) to buy one...especially if you love homemade jam and jelly!


The Jam and Jelly Maker was easy to assemble and I used it for the first time the other night.  It comes with a small recipe book or you can visit their website at www.freshTechJamMaker.com for more recipes.

I purchased some strawberries and decided to make strawberry jam.  It was so simple!!!

Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam

Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups crushed strawberries
3 T Ball Real Fruit Classic Pectin, Low Sugar
1/2 t margarine
2 C granulated sugar

Directions:
First, I washed the strawberries and let them air dry.  Then I removed the stems and hulls.  Next, I crushed the berries in a bowl using a potato masher until I had 3 and 1/4 cups.

Next, I sprinkled the pectin evenly over the bottom of the Jam and Jelly Maker, add the crushed strawberries evenly over the pectin and the butter.  The butter will melt, so don't worry about melting it prior to adding it.  Press the "Jam" button on the machine and it starts stirring the ingredients.  In 4 minutes, the machine beeps at you and you add the sugar.  The machine continues to stir and cook the ingredients and you do nothing else until it is done.  You heard correctly!  You don't have to stand over the stove and continually stir, this machine does it all for you!  When it is done, it will beep again and you can ladle the jam into freezer containers or canning jars.  That is it!  So simple!

Here is a picture of the machine cooking and stirring the strawberries!  It was amazing!


Here is the end product.  It was delicious!  You could even eat this as an ice cream topping:)

No comments:

Post a Comment