Thursday, April 11, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

Things have been a bit hectic lately.  We had our 7 and 9 year old niece and nephew for a week during their Spring Break last week, and I didn't get much done.  We had fun though.  We went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum (I highly recommend going if you've never been), Chuck E Cheese, a cowboy store and so much more!

This week I am back on track.  I have vegetables started and they are coming along wonderfully and I just ordered a pasta attachment for my Kitchen Aid!

My husband, who does not like chicken, had three piecesof this recipe last night.



Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:
4-5 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were partially thawed because I put them in the fridge the night before, but you could use frozen as well.  Be sure to cook the chicken longer if you use frozen).
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions:
Insert your slow cooker liner into the slow cooker.  Place the chicken in the slow cooker.  In a medium bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.  Mix well and pour over the chicken.  Turn on low and bake for 4 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment