Thursday, February 28, 2013

New Canning Toy

I know, I know.  I've not been on here hardly at all this week.  Do you ever have a week where you just can't seem to get anything accomplished?  That would be me this week.  Between filing our taxes and nightly meetings, there has been no time for much else.  Meals have consisted of things that I've had in the freezer - what a life saver!

I did however, get a new toy this week.. 

  
It is the Ball FreshTech Jam & Jelly Maker.  Supposedly it takes the standing at the stove and stirring constantly for so many minutes out of play because it does it for you.  I've already got plans for this new toy this weekend.  I can hardly wait.

One thing I like about this product is the recipe book that it comes with.  It starts off telling you the difference between jam and jelly, so you can decide which one you'd rather make.  For example, jam is made with crushed fruit plus sugar and pectin and have a spreadable gel, but jelly is made with fruit juice, sugar and pectin and are usually firmer than jams.

There are several recipes included with the book and the manual for assembly is very easy to follow. 

Look for some future blogs about this machine and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment