Thursday, February 14, 2013

Slow Cooker Rump Roast

Slow Cooker Rump Roast

I use my slow cooker (or Crock pot) at least once a week.  Not only does it save time, but it's very simple to clean up.  There are times when I love a good roast, and at other times, it just doesn't sound good.  The good thing about making roasts, is that you can always use the leftovers for something else (more on that on my next post).

Here is what you need to make SLOW COOKER RUMP ROAST:

Ingredients:
3-4 pound rump roast
1 small can of beef broth
1 package of brown gravy mix
salt and pepper
Vegetable of your choice
*Note:  My husband and I don't like cooked carrots, so that's why you don't see any orange carrots in the picture...lol!

Directions:
Cut and dice up the vegetables that you like.  In my roast this time, I used a can of mushrooms, 3 diced potatoes and 1 medium onion.  Put these in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Next, rinse of the rump roast and pat it dry with a paper towel.  Put it in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.  In a small bowl, combine the brown gravy mix and the beef broth and pour it over the roast.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Cook on high for 3.5 hours or low for 6 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes and a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment