Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reese's Temptation Cookies

Is there really any better combination than peanut butter and chocolate?  I don't think so.  Recently, I was asked to make a couple of dozen cookies for a 4-H event and I couldn't decide what I wanted to bring.  After looking through my recipes, I decided on these Reese's Temptations.  I doubled the recipe so I could make a bigger batch and leave some at home:)!

Reese's Temptation Cookies

Ingredients:
About 40 Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Remove wrappers from the candy and put the candy in a bowl.  Store in the refrigerator until needed.  Line mini muffin cups with paper baking cups.  Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla in a bowl and blend until fluffy.  Next add the following ingredients to the mixture, stirring after the addition of each one: flour, baking soda and salt.  Shape dough into mini 1 inch balls and place one in each muffin cup.  DO NOT FLATTEN THE DOUGH.  Bake 10-12 minutes until light brown and somewhat puffy.  Remove from the oven and immediately press peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie.  Cool completely in the muffin pan.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment