Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goodbye 2012 - Hello 2013



I have to admit that I've been horrible at blogging during the month of December.  Indiana had a so called "blizzard" that wasn't my idea of a blizzard at all.  Sure, it was cold, there was snow and the wind was blowing, but it's not what I would have referred to as a blizzard at all.  Regardless, on the farm, we prepared like we were going to be snowed in for a week.  I made a batch of vegetable soup, a batch of chili and of course some sweets.  Bill brought the generator up to the house and we were ready...for a typical snow!  I admit, I was disappointed, but I did have a total of 12 wonderful days off of work.

The year of 2012 had it's ups and downs.  The farm saw some needed upgrades, as did the house.  I said goodbye to my maternal grandmother in January and my paternal grandfather in February.  Bill suffered a severe infection in his foot in February after stepping on a board with nails in it.  That was a long six weeks of recovery for both of us.  As the months went on, I found it hard to believe that it was almost the end of the year.

In a recent newsletter for work, I wrote a little article about aging.  Getting older is wonderful when you're under 21.  Once you hit 21, let's face it, it's down hill from there.  Each year goes by faster and faster and I get older and older.  I don't mind though.  My mom has aged beautifully and so have both of my grandmothers.  There's hope for me.

I admit that I didn't make a resolution for New Year.  I'm fat, sassy and very happy.  Are there things I wish I could reconcile in my life...sure, and in time, I hope it happens.  Until then, I am going to love my Savior, love my husband and make 2013 the best year that I can.

Here's to you and your family.  To loving others more, trying new crafts and foods, and just enjoying life! 

Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment