Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Box Mixes - To Use or Not to Use?

From left to right:  Nestle's Cookie-Brownie Delight,
Carnation's Famous Fudge and Reese's  Peanut Butter Bars.



I'm not a person that likes to skimp on making my own dessert, but this year I thought that I would try some of the mixes from a box and see how they compared.
 
The first box kit we tried was the Nestle Cookie-Brownie Delight.  There were several steps involved in making this dish and I have to admit that I was disappointed with the outcome after all the work that went into it.  This is not an item I would recommend making.
 
 
The second we made was the Reese's Peanut Butter Bars.  They were easy to make, the directions were simple and the end product was very good.  If you like Reese Cups, then you would like this.  Thumbs up for this box mix!
 
The final product we made was the Carnation Famous Fudge Kit.  The directions were easy to follow and the fudge was delicious.  All the ingredients in one box is helpful for a small batch of fudge. 
Thumbs up for this box mix.
 
 
 
Box mixes can save time, but they are not always as good.  In the future, I will probably only use the Carnation Fudge Kit and make the rest from scratch.  To me, they just taste better.  If you are in a real time crunch, then these recipes could be of help.  It all boils down to a matter of preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment