Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Not Grandma's Goulash


Super Cheesy Goulash

My Grandma Mae loves goulash and makes it quite frequently in the winter months.  I learned to make the recipe from her.  Being the experimental person that I am, I began looking at different recipes and ways to spice up the main ingredients.

Here is what I came up with:

GOULASH
(enough for 5-6 people)

Ingredients:
1pound of ground beef
1 can of tomato soup, undiluted
1 small can of mushrooms stem & pieces, undrained
Velveeta to cover the top (I used the slices of Velveeta)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of diced onion (depending on your preference)
1-1/2 cups of macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
salt/pepper to taste

Directions:
Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet.  Drain grease and place in a medium bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Use salt and pepper to taste.  Transfer contents to a casserole dish and cover the top with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment