Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Judy's Oreo Pie





My wonderful co-worker Judy has a dish called Oreo Pie, that all of us want her to make on our birthday's.  This dish is made the night before and I promise there will not be any left regardless of where you take it.

Oreo Pie

Ingredients:
3 1/2 c milk
1 lg box instant vanilla pudding
1 (12-oz) container of Cool Whip
1/4 c melted butter
1 (8-oz) package softened cream cheese
3 T powdered sugar
1 package of Oreos, crushed

Directions:
For base, crush Oreo's, reserving about 1 dozen for the topping, and combine with 1/4 c melted butter and press in bottom of a 9x13 dish. Combine the remaining ingredients (a mixer or Kitchen Aid is perfect for this task) and pour the mixture on the Oreo base. Top with remaining crushed Oreos. Place in refrigerator and serve the next day.




 
Step 1: Crush about Oreo's and place
in the bottom of a casserole dish.

 
Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour over the crushed
Oreo's to make the base.

 
Let the cream cheese come to room mixture
so it is easy to mic.
 
 
You will need one large box of instant
Jell-O vanialla pudding.
(Sometimes I use sugar free)
 
 
If you have a Kitchen Aid, utilize it for the mixing.
I actually find that I like using my mixer.
I usually mix the cream cheese with about 1/4 cup
milk to get started, then add the pudding mix, powdered
sugar and the rest of the milk (a little at a time). 
 

Next, add the whip cream.
I usually you light.  Again, use your mixer
or Kitchen Aid to really blend the ingredients
 to make a good creamy base.
 

 
Pour the base on top of the crushed
Oreo base.
 
 
You don't need these, but I like having extra
Oreo's on mine, so I added the bite size pieces.
 
 
Add the crushed Oreo's to the top.
 
 
Put in fridge and chill overnight.

1 comment: