Friday, November 9, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Broccoli Cheese Soup
 
 
Soup seems to be good for the soul and satisfying to the tummy, especially in cold weather.  This past week, I tried my hand at Broccoli Cheese Soup.  It's a recipe I've made before, but just a little different as I took it from an older cookbook.  Give it a try and see what you think!
 
Ingredients:
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 c diced onion
2-1/2 c diced raw potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 quart of water
20 oz of frozen broccoli and cheese
 
***Note if you don't have broccoli and cheese together, you can use 20 oz of broccoli and then 1 pound of cubed Velveeta cheese.
 
 
Directions:
Combine bouillon cubes, onion and water.  Cook for 20 minutes.  Add potatoes and frozen broccoli and cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes.  Add soup and stir to blend.  I took a masher and  mashed the broccoli and potatoes until it was no longer lumpy.  Heat to taste.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment