Thursday, August 23, 2012

7-Up Biscuits

I've been eyeballing a recipe on Pinterest for 7-Up Biscuits.  I remember eating these when I was little, but I haven't heard about them in awhile.  So, tonight I decided to try my hand at them and see how they turned out.


To make 7-Up biscuits, you need a medium size bowl.
Add 2 cups of Bisquick mix



Next, add 1/2 cup of sour cream.



Cut the sour cream into the biscuit mix.



Add 1/2 cup of 7-Up to the mixture.  This will make a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional Bisquick mix on a flat surface (counter, table, cutting board, etc) and pat dough out. 
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9"square pan.



Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 minutes).



These biscuits are moist and buttery.  They do have a slight 7-Up twang to them, but my husband thought they were great.  He told me it'd be alright if I wanted to make them again.  I served them with a warm batch of cantaloupe jam that I had just made.  That recipe will be on here tomorrow for you to try and enjoy!

Recipe for 7-Up Biscuits
2 cups of Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-Up
1/4 cup melted butter

Cut sour cream into Bisquick mix, add 7-Up.  This will make a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional Bisquick mix on a flat surface and pat dough out. 
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9" square pan.
Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
Serve with butter and jam...yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment