Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Breakfast Egg Cups

When I was in high school, I would rather sleep in then eat breakfast.  Although I haven't changed much on the sleep part, I have found that I do need to eat breakfast every morning because I just need that extra boost (besides the one my coffee gives me).

Living on a farm and raising chickens, we naturally have a lot of eggs.  I've seen recipes for what's called "Bird's Nest" and this recipe is very similar.  You can adapt it as much as you want.



Breakfast Egg Cups

Ingredients:
Hash Browns, 24 oz bag, thawed
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese + extra
Eggs
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 t salt
2 t pepper
1/2 cup of diced onions

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees/
In a mixing bowl, combine the hash browns, olive oil, cheese, onion, salt and pepper (if you don't like onion, try red and green pepper).  Stir until well mixed.  In a muffin pan, grease each spot, or use muffin liners and grease them, and divide your hash brown mixture evenly among the muffin spots (a 12 count muffin pan works perfect).  Bake the hash browns in the oven for 20 minutes.  Take the hash brown mixture out of the oven and turn the oven down to 325 degrees.  Crack an egg in each muffin spot over the hash browns.  I like over easy eggs and my husband likes hard eggs.  Therefore, I punctured the yolk in half of them and left the other half with the yolk in tact.  Sprinkle crumbled bacon and cheese over the eggs.  Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese has melted. 

I ate mine with some hot sauce and loved them.  For a family on the go, this would be a quick fix the night before for breakfast in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment