Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake

Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake and some with ice cream to top it off.

Today is my birthday.  Thirty seven years ago today, in the afternoon, my wonderful mother gave birth to me.  Thank you mom, because I am sure that was no easy task.

Since my husband doesn't really bake and I wanted a homemade chocolate cake of some kind for my soon to be birthday, I decided on a recipe that I could make in my slow cooker.  This chocolate cake is moist, chocolaty and delicious with a scoop of ice cream...Happy Birthday to me!

The great thing about this cake is that you can experiment with it.  For example, if you don't like chocolate cake, go with white cake and add vanilla pudding.  You can also use different kinds of morsels such as vanilla or butterscotch.  The possibilities are endless.  Be creative!

Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
1 box of your cake preference - I used a chocolate cake mix
2 cups of sour cream
1 small box of instant pudding - I used chocolate
1/2 a bag (6-oz) of semisweet chocolate chip - Are you seeing a theme with me and chocolate:)
3/4 cup of oil
4 eggs
1 cup of water

First thing I did, was get all of my ingredients ready.  As you can see, there really is not need for "name brand" items.  I am using the Kroger Brand variety of products.
 
Next, I sprayed my slow cooker with vegetable spray.  You'll want to spray
the entire slow cooker as the cake will rise.
 
I dumped my cake mix into the bowl.
 
I added the chocolate pudding next.
 
Next, 2 cups of sour cream.
 
3/4 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of water were now added.
 
4 eggs
 
Mix thoroughly and put into the slow cooker.
 
 
I cooked mine on high for about 1.5 hours.
You can cook on low for 3 hours.
Make sure you watch it so it doesn't burn.
Once you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean, the cake is done!
Serve warm with ice cream.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment