Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fifty Shades of WOW!

So, how many of you have read or are reading "Fifty Shades of Grey?"  All I can say is wow!  How does one talk about this new phenom that is taking over Hollywood?  I mean there is the trilogy book set, a magazine and now they are discussing a movie and who should play the characters.

Let's start with the first book - FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
When one of my friends told me that I needed to read this, I just wasn't sure.  Every girl likes a romance novel and this is a lot more than romance.  The first book captures you from the beginning.  Without giving anything away, you meet the characters, you learn how powerful and wealthy Mr. Christian Grey is, Christian and Anastasia's ages, and well, more about the Christian Grey world and secrets.

The second book - FIFTY SHADES DARKER
I suggest purchasing the trilogy of books.  If you get started with the first book, you are not going to want to be cliff hanging to wait and buy the second book.  In the book, you dig deeper into the lives of Christan and Anastasia, their passion for one another, their fears, and you get to know the characters on a more intimate, personal level.  You learn why Christian is the way he is and how Anastasia learns to cope with it.

The third book - FIFTY SHADES FREED
This was my least favorite of the books, but the story line was not complete yet, so the author almost had to write this book.  Then again, did she have to or was it amount the money?  I don't want to discourage you from reading this final book.  It gives you the ending and fills in several details that left you guessing in the second book. 

I am not a book critic by any means, but I did enjoy reading this trilogy and felt the author did an excellent job of captivating you from the beginning.  The story lines and characters are interesting and it leaves you with the romance novel feel...but perhaps better:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment