Thursday, July 5, 2012

KY Friends

Nothing is better than seeing friends and spending time with them.  In high school you get to see each other every day and spend time together in the evenings and on the weekends, but then real life sets in and there are jobs, marriages, and meetings that get in the way.  I am very thankful that I have 3 close friends from high school that we make it a point to see each other on a regular basis.  Although our friend Wendi has moved to Kentucky, we planned a girls weekend get-a-way to see her.

This is Wendi and her beautiful daughter Ansley.

While visiting Wendi, we were able to enjoy her sweet daughter Ansley.  Such a happy baby who smiled all the time...except when she was hungry and needed a diaper change.  She got lots of love from her three Auntie's while we were there.  That was a lot of the fun, getting to spoil Ansley. 

The Nascar race was going on in Sparta while we were there, so there was quite a bit of traffic.  We did make our way to Georgetown, KY and had lunch and walked around a Peddler's Mall.  That was so much fun. 
At the Peddler's Mall, I found a neat idea that I can't wait to try, especially since we're remodeling our home.  You take an old window and put an old quilt behind it to sort of "frame" it.  I have several old quilts that I would love to try this with.  Additionally, I hate to divide a quilt, but I am thinking of cutting one up and giving them to my siblings for Christmas.  What do you think of this idea?

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS IDEA! They’ll treasure it…DO IT! 🥰

    ReplyDelete