Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Father's Day

One of my favorite things in the entire world is when my Dad shows up at my office and takes me out for lunch.  Since my parents live in another state, I don't get to see them as often as I'd like.  When Dad comes to Indiana, he usually surprises me by just showing up.  I am always excited to see him and it's the highlight of my day.


My Dad and I getting ready to go to lunch.
Had to take a selfie first!


My Dad, is really my step-dad, but he adopted my brother and I when we were younger (it's a long story, but my parents went through an ugly divorce) and has treated us as his own ever since.  I can't thank him enough for always being there for me and I can't thank my two step-sisters and step-brother enough for sharing him with us.

Dad,

  • You didn't have to take on the responsibility of providing us with food, clothing and shelter - but you did. 
  • You didn't have to take on the responsibility of making sure we went to church and had a relationship with Jesus - but you did.
  • You didn't have to take on the responsibility of making sure we had a good education and a positive upbringing - but you did. 
  • You didn't have to love us like we were your own - but you did.
Although there have been several important men in my life (my grandpa's, Bill and my brother's) my Dad has always been that one constant and voice of reason for me.  Here's to my Dad on Father's Day and to all of yours!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment