|Beer Simmered Smoked Sausage and Potatoes|
I could eat smoked sausage every day. There is just something about it that my taste buds like. After surfing the Internet the other day, I came across this new favorite recipe from Hillshire Farm.
It was very easy to prepare on a night that I came home late. I didn't have a few of the ingredients, but it still turned out delicious. The flavor was addicting.
The only thing that I might do differently next time is to add some peppers to the recipe. If you are looking for a quick evening go to meal, this would be perfect. Thank you Hillshire Farm for a yummy meal!
Beer Simmered Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) regular or non-alcoholic beer
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into 1” cubes (about 6 cups)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cut sausage into ½”slices. Melt butter in a 4-5 quart pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is soft and sausage is lightly browned.
- Add beer and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Stir in green onions, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook uncovered for 4 minutes or until liquid thickens slightly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.