Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Tree Made of Suckers


Christmas Tree Made of Suckers
 
 
 
After looking on Pinterest for ideas for some younger kids, I found something similar to this and decided to give it a try...just so my friends, as the parents, would love me...lol!
 
 
 The first thing I did was go to Wal-Mart and look.  I
found these cute little buckets for under $1 each.
 
 
 Next, I went back to the craft department and was looking
for some Styrofoam balls, but all they had were these
Styrofoam cones...and I was on a mission.


 When I got home, I placed the Styrofoam in the buckets
and made a pencil mark where the bucket and the edge
of the Styrofoam met so that I could hot glue them into
the bucket and they would stay.
 
***Note: I've only made one of these so far and they are
beautiful, but big.  I am going to cut the cone down
for the next couple that I do. 
 

 Hot glue the edges and stick them back down in the
bucket until the glue dries.



 You will need lots of suckers.  I purchased 3 one pound
bags of Dum-Dums suckers and one bag of the Tootsie Pops.
I used the Tootsie Pops for the top of the sucker tree.


Once the glue has dried, start working the suckers
in the Styrofoam in a circle, working your way to the top. 


 When you get to the top and are finished, go back
and put suckers in where you can see any of the
Styrofoam. 



And there you have it!
A nice gift for little ones for around $6 AND it's homemade!


No comments:

Post a Comment