Friday, October 11, 2013

Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes

I know what you're thinking, baked potatoes...in my slow cooker???  YES!  It's easy and believe it or not, they taste good.  Now I will admit, they are not the same as having them right out of the oven, but in a pinch, it works.

 Step 1:  Wash potatoes and scrub if necessary


 Step 2: Prick each potato several times with a fork


Step 3: Rub olive oil all over potato and season with salt and pepper
 

 
Step 4: Cook on low in the slow cooker for 8 hours.
 
 
Sorry about the last picture being crooked, but that is what the potato looks like when it's done before all the good toppings.  I didn't put any water in with the potatoes when I was cooking it and they turned out fine (to my surprise).  Although, I would rather cook my potatoes in the oven, this did the trick too.  It will work on those days when there just isn't enough time to get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment