Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Biscuit Crust Pizza Dish





Have you ever been in a hurry, knew what you wanted to cook, and then realized you didn't have all of the ingredients?  Well, it happened to me.  I knew Bill would be hungry and coming home soon.  Homemade pizza sounded good...until I realized that my box of Jiffy mix was cornbread mix and not the pizza crust mix.  What's a girl to do?  Either scrap making the dish or get creative.  I decided to be creative and use biscuits in place of the pizza crust mix and the result was pretty good.

Here's the recipe:

Biscuit Crust Pizza Dish

Ingredients:
1 tube of flaky buttermilk biscuits
Toppings for your pizza: onions, mushrooms, peppers, olives, sausage, hamburger, etc.
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 8-12 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Spray a 9x13 glass dish with oil and preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Open your tube of biscuits and split them in the middle.  (I actually used a smaller pan for this recipe, but I needed 3 of the biscuits for something else I was making).  Lay biscuits out in the dish and mold biscuits until all the seams are filled.  Top with your desired amount of pizza sauce.  I like a lot of sauce, so I used my entire jar.  Next, add your favorite pizza toppings and end with the cheese on top.  Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is done on top.

 Spray a 9x13 glass dish with oil and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Open your tube of biscuits. 

 Open your tube of biscuits and split them in the middle. (I actually used a smaller pan for this recipe, but I needed 3 of the biscuits for something else I was making). Lay biscuits out in the dish.
 
  Lay biscuits out in the dish and mold biscuits until all the seams are filled.
 

 Top with your desired amount of pizza sauce.
 
 I love pizza sauce! Although I canned pizza sauce this summer, I used this jar to get it out of my cabinet so I could move on to the homemade sauce!
 

 Next, add your favorite pizza toppings.
 
 
 Yumm!!!
 
 End with the cheese on top. 
 
 Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is done on top.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment