Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Delicious Apple Crunch

Fall...my favorite season of the year.  I am a hot person by nature, so when the cool temperatures come, I consider it perfect weather.  When I think of Fall, I also think of apples and pumpkins.  After canning several batches of apples, I still had a few left over and decided to make this Delicious Apple Crunch recipe.  The secret ingredient that makes it better than other recipes is the cinnamon!


Delicious Apple Crunch

Ingredients:
5 cups sliced, peeled apples
1 cup of flour
1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup of quick-cooking oats


Directions:
Arrange apples in the bottom of a greases 8" square baking dish.  Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.  Cut it butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.  Add oats and mix well.  Sprinkle over apples.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until apples are tender.  Serve warm with ice cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment