Saturday, January 10, 2015

Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup


Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup


It's cold here in Indiana and has been cold for the last week.  The wind chill has been in the negative digits and today we had a whopping high of 22 degrees.  Last night, Bill went with me to pick up 18 chickens and 3 ducks from a couple that needed to find them a new home.  I offered to take them, but didn't tell Bill about the ducks until we got there.  Long story short, Bill didn't make a fuss over bringing home the ducks, so I thought I'd make him some homemade broccoli soup tonight as a peace offering.  There is nothing like some warm soup to make the cold outside melt away.  Even though this is homemade soup, and not out of a can, it is simple to make.  Serve with a grilled cheese and it's a meal fit for a king!

I used my Pampered Chef Rockcrok Dutch Oven to make this soup.  If you don't have one, you should consider adding this item to you kitchen collection.  I had a party and got my for 60% off.  It's amazing!


 INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 medium chopped onion
  • ¼ cup melted butter
  • ¼ cup flour
  • 3 cups half-and-half cream
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups fresh/or thawed broccoli, chopped to the consistency you prefer for the soup 
  • 2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
  • 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Saute the onion in 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted butter and set aside.
    In your Rockcrok, or a large pot, whisk together the melted butter and flour over medium heat for about about 4 minutes.
  2. Next, slowly whisk in the half and half and chicken stock. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
  3. Add the broccoli and onions. Let them simmer on medium heat for about 25 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
  4. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with sharp cheddar cheese. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete