Bill has a meeting tonight, so it's just the me and the fur babies. I enjoy quiet time at home, especially since it doesn't seem to happen all that often. I was thinking today about our holiday plans and that led me to thinking about things I am thankful for. My list is fairly long as I tend to ponder on the positives rather than the negatives.
So here it goes (and in no particular order the condensed version):
1) I am thankful that I know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. There have been many events in my life that I would not have made it through if I had not had faith.
2) I am thankful for my husband. He comes across mean and gruff, but he is a teddy bear. Honestly, all he has ever wanted is for everyone to get along. I remember his sister crying one day and he wanted to know who made her cry. Although she was a grown woman, he loved her and wanted to protect her. I am also going to put my fur babies here: Sadie, Libby, Harley and Dusty.
|Sadie with snow on her nose: 11-17-14.|
2) I am thankful for the 22 years that we had to spend with my brother LT. Even after 6 years, his death is still vivid in my mind and I miss him more than words can say.
3) I am thankful for parents that disciplined me and loved me.
4) I am thankful for my church, the congregation and the fellowship that we have each week.
5) I am thankful for all the children out there that call us Uncle Bill and Aunt Lis, even though we aren't really related. We love each one of them with all of our hearts.
6) Finally, I am thankful for all of you. I don't write all the time, but I have enjoyed blogging. The recipes that I put on here are ones that I actually serve and eat and not just ones that I've tried and would never make again. Cooking is one of my passions and I am fortunate that I get to cook often.
Here's to you this 2014 holiday season!