Friday, June 8, 2012

Slow Cooker Country Ribs

We usually us our "fine china" (a.k.a. paper plates) when
Bill is doing the dishes!  lol!
My husband loves ribs.  Bill and our nephew, Austin, have often tried to out eat each other on them, but usually Uncle Bill wins.  They especially love the ribs from Montana Mike's.  For dinner tonight, I decided that we would have some deviled eggs, sweet corn out of the freezer and some slow cooker country ribs that have cooked all day while I was at work. 

I purchased about 4 pounds worth of Country Style Ribs at our local Aldi store and seasoned them with a meat tenderizer, salt and pepper and let them sit in the fridge over night in a covered container.



Before I went to work the next morning I put the ribs in the slow cooker, and put about 2 tablespoons of minced onion on top of them.  (You can use fresh onion, but I decided I wanted to use minced today).



Then I poured a small bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's over the top.


This is going to be good!




Then just a touch of brown sugar on top for sweetness.



Cook on low for 6 hours and you have ribs that you can cut with a fork! 
Delicious!
This picture really doesn't do them justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment