Saturday, June 9, 2012

Product Review Time



I am a coffee drinker.  Bill on the other hand, supports Diet Mt. Dew.  Since I am the only one in the house that loves to drink coffee, I really struggled with having a regular size coffee machine and brew several cups of coffee that I may or may not drink.  It seemed wasteful and I am quite frugal.  A friend of mine kept suggesting a Keurig machine.  So I began to look into them.

After reading reviews on line, shopping around at stores and surfing the internet for various models and varieties for what seemed like weeks Bill said I just needed to buy one.  So, the tight-wad in me couldn't just go buy one.  Whatever I decided to buy, had to be on sale and I needed to have a coupon.  I wanted the best bang for my buck.  That's just what I do...which drives poor Bill crazy sometimes.

Long story short, I went to Kohl's after deciding that I wanted the Cuisinart SS-700BK.  It was on sale for $199.99 and I had a 30% off Kohl's coupon and some Kohl's cash.  I wasn't about to pay anymore than I had to for this thing.

Folks, I have to tell you, I enjoy it.  It is very easy to assemble and I purchased the model that came with the K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter, so I can use my own normal coffee should I choose to do so.  It has a charcoal water filter, which is a good thing, because we have well water.  There on the left, is the water reservoir.  The top, where it says "Cuisinart" in silver lifts up and you put the K-Cups in there.  The menu allows you to brew into a 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz cup size.  You clean it completely every 60 days and the water reheats its self after each use. It brews at a set temperature of 192 degrees, but if you want your coffee cooler, it's adjustable.

 It's even programmable!!! When it brews, it can be a little bit noisy, but that seems to be the only downfall of this machine so far.


Let me warn you now...there are literally thousands of K-Cups and brands out there.  I personally, don't like strong coffee, so the two above are my favorite.  I strongly suggest that you try out all of the samples that come with your machine before purchasing a case of these things.  There were some varieties of coffee that I thought, "Hey, Emeril's picture is on that, so I bet it's really good."  Wow, was I wrong.  My favorite of these two is the Donut Shop and I did score a super deal for a case of 50 of them on Amazon.com. 

Do you own a Keurig machine?  What do you like or dislike about it?  What K-Cups do you use?
Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment