Thursday, March 14, 2013

Marching On!

The last two weeks  have been extremely busy and I can tell that Spring is just around the corner.  Bill and I are back to working on the house and making some plans for much needed updates, but after this summer, I think we'll be done on the inside and can begin working on the landscape outside.

Last night, I started 48 plants indoors.  I can't wait to start the garden this year.  I have big plans for canning more than I did last year.  If you haven't already done so, start thinking about what you might like to have in your garden this year and come up with a layout of how you want it in your garden. 

Additionally, we will have several normal Spring projects including:  washing all the windows inside and out, giving the porch a thorough power washing, cleaning out the chicken coops and preparing for planting season.

Ah, planting season.  I actually enjoy harvest more than I do planting season, but it's all part of the package.  Harmony (9) and Tyler (7), our niece and nephew from Kentucky will be coming to stay with us over their Spring Break and Uncle Bill and Tyler have all kinds of farming plans to get ready for planting season.  They will be cleaning the planter, greasing it, and doing normal maintenance on it to make sure it's ready to go to the field.  Harmony and I are going to stick to more girl things like shopping and painting our nails.  I can hardly wait.

I am hoping to get back to cooking this weekend.  It's been mainly quick meals this week.  I miss being in the kitchen...hopefully I'll have a new recipe for you to see soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment